Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spring Break Recap

It's been a good but busy spring break for us. I managed to get a lot of spring cleaning done, which was a big relief. Just getting things reorganized and clutter removed really helps, ya know? With baseball season starting to heat up, I don't get to spend as much time doing stuff around the house as I'd like because I try to go to as many games as I can.

My car was in the shop pretty much all week... it had been kind of messed up for the last month but we decided to wait until break to take it in. Apparently the water pump had been malfunctioning, but that's all taken care of now. Since we're planning on selling it as soon as school is finished for the summer anyway, we mostly wanted to get it fixed enough so that we'll get a good resale value.

The other exciting thing that happened over break is that Chris finished his final class for his special education license. He's been working on it for a year and a half, and he is very excited to not have to take classes for a while! Now he is licensed in K-12 PE and Health, as well as K-12 learning disabilities, mild/moderate mental handicaps, and emotional disabilities. Very exciting!

On Thursday we headed to Connersville to see Chris' family, which was a lot of fun! I couldn't ask for better in-laws!!! Chris' mom Sheri and I had planned a little surprise graduation party for Chris that evening (just cake really, nothing big or he would have been suspicious). No sooner than we sat down to eat lunch, Claire says to her Uncle Chris, "Did you know we've got you a birthday cake? It's hidden in the closet!". She's turning 4 in a month, so you can't really be mad... but needless to say the surprise was spoiled. It ended up being a lot of fun, with lots of makeup being tried out and multiple hair stylings. Pictures to come!

Last night we went to the Marshall's house (they live on our cul-del-sac and have the cutest little girl named Lily) and played Cranium until about 1:30. It was fun but I definitely need to work on my game! We promptly came home and went right to sleep... neither of us could remember the last time we were out so late... which is a little pathetic. But I guess we're getting old, and that goes with the territory!

Now to do some homework (sadly, it will be a year and a half before I'm finished with my master's... so still lots of homework left for me) and try to get ready to get back in that work week grind!

2 comments:

kristen said...

Sounds like you had a great week. Tell the graduate congratulations for us! You can also let him know I start my classes in July, if he misses homework that much, I'd be delighted to share!

Rajean B. said...

Congrats to Chris. I'm sure it is very excited to be finished with classes (for the time being).

Congrats to you as well, Melissa. It's always nice to get a lot accomplished over a break. I usually end up sitting around and being lazy on breaks!