Sunday, March 30, 2008

Whew!!!

Well, it's been an insanely busy week, and all I can say is that I'm very excited and relieved that it's officially spring break. The last week was CRAZY with students and work and just stuff... I'm seriously burnt out and hoping this week will recharge me enough to make it through the end of summer school. I teach summer school each year, mostly because I only work about 4 and 1/2 hours a day for 3 weeks, but I get paid double time... so it makes a nice extra check. But it sure isn't easy when you've got 40 kids (that's right, I said 40 kids... all of them working on different subjects trying to make up classes they've previously failed so they don't have to take them over again in the fall... with just little ole me to facilitate), and it's especially not easy when you're not thrilled to be there. At least this year they're talking about giving me an assistant to help; but I don't know if that will happen. We'll see!

Here are some new pictures of my house... the only room I haven't posted is the other guest bedroom, and that's because I want to redecorate it but I have no idea how yet. Eventually it will be a nursery, so maybe I should just wait for that little life changing event to roll around. Anyway, here we go!


This is our bedroom. Sheri (my mother-in-law) got us the bedroom suite for Christmas and I LOVE it!

Our bedroom from another angle... and we keep our elliptical machine in there because of the TV. I love the elliptical... it's how I managed to lose 20 pounds and Chris lost 40 pounds in the last year (we both chubbed up quite a bit after we got married ;) It's a little crowded but totally worth it!
This is Chris' pride and joy... our wall mounted LCD TV. We got it last year in lieu of going on a spring break vacation. This is also where we keep the Play Station 3 (that's the cord you see hanging) so we can watch Blue Ray movies. It faces the bed.
The guest bathroom... it's kinda of a weird grouping of things people have given us since we moved in... pineapples... palm trees... and a monkey hand towel and soap holder because it makes me laugh!

The master bath... Okay, when I picked this color... it wasn't this color if you know what I mean. It's one of those scenarios where the color on the little swatch looked pastel and more blue than what is on the walls. I like this color, but it's definitely a little louder than I anticipated!
We actually have his and her sinks, but what you're seeing is mine... thus all the bottles and clutter!

Since the color was more than I anticipated, I decided to do a Hawaii theme... especially since we had lots of stuff and pictures from our honeymoon. You can't see it in this picture, but around the top is a border of hibuscus flowers and surf boards!


So that's pretty much it! This week we're going to Connersville for a few days to see all of Chris' family, and that's always fun. I'll be sure to take pictures since we're spending the night at Chris' parent's house, and when Claire found out her Uncle Chris is coming she insisted on staying with us! So that's bound to be an adventure!

3 comments:

Christine said...

I love the bed spread and curtains and I hear ya about chubbing up. Scott's a lot bigger than I am and of course I end up keeping up with him while eating. Has not been good. Do you guys have Call of duty 4 for the play station? If so you need to add us so we can play.

Missy!! said...

I agree! Love the bedspread!! Too cute!! So.. when do we get to see a photo of the outside of your home? I have it imagined.. but I usually imagine WAY off! :)

Melissa Lakes said...

I'm planning on doing some outside pictures here in the next few weeks... that's when all our spring flowers will be blooming. It's when the outside of the house is the prettiest!