Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away

With all this rain, it's starting to look like most of the streets of Shelbyville are well on their way to being flooded! Plus, the rain means that Chris has to have baseball practice in the gym, but since they're having cheerleading tryouts in there right after school, he has to wait to start practice at 5. It definitely makes for a long day for him.

This has been a relatively boring week so far, but really that's a good thing. I have Friday off work because it's a snow make up day. I'm definitely looking forward to that! I would love for it to stop raining and warm up so I can go outside and get some flowers planted and general yard stuff done, but I don't think that's happening anytime soon. Have a great week, everyone!

3 comments:

kristen said...

I hear flooding can be an excellent reason for a two hour delay. I wish!! Have fun on Friday. We're out too even though we have a day to make up. Our calendar has it set up as a day off no matter what. They decided we needed to come back the day after Memorial Day to make up our snow day instead of on Friday. How crazy is that?!

Missy!! said...

hahah.. well, I just opted not to work on Friday.. ahh the luxuries of subbing!!

So.. you like to plant flowers huh? Will you be in the Royal area anytime soon? I have a couple dead flower beds that need some life!! :) Ohh.. then could you come back every two weeks and weed them? I hate doing those tasks.. so I don't!! :)

Rajean B. said...

I can't wait for the snow to completely melt (and stay away) so I can begin to think about planting flowers and a garden and all those outside things. Of course, it will be different this having a little one to tote around! I wouldn't have it any other way!