Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Baseball is upon us!

Well, as I'm sure Kristen will agree, baseball season and therefore coaching widowhood is upon us! The Spartans have played 3 teams so far, with one of them being a double header last Saturday (in the 40 degree weather). They managed to win one last night against the Baptist Academy after an excellent coaching move by my sweetie, who signaled his player to steal home for the game winning run!

I like baseball okay, but I'd much rather watch tennis (if Chris is coaching) or football if I'm just watching a game. It's hard when the person you spend the vast majority of your time with has baseball on the brain... for several months it's as though every conversation eventually leads back to the sport, be it talking about coaching, playing (in the summer), or watching it on TV. Chris is compelled to watch every single Atlanta Braves game played, as well as to catch as many Reds, Yankees, and Red Sox games as possible. In fact, he managed to talk me into purchasing (for the annual fee of $179) a MLB package that allows him to watch every single MLB game played for the entire season. In high def, no less. I've told him he's obsessed but he just laughs!

So this gives me the idea to do a little information sharing... we now know what my hubby is obsessed with, but what about everyone else's husbands? What is that thing that they would devote all their time to if they could? That thing that is both endearing and frustrating at the same time??? I'm thinking this should definitely be good for a few laughs!

3 comments:

Missy!! said...

Oh my.. obsessions.. how about true loves!! :) Andy is obsessed with anything that has a motor.. excluding MY car and a motorcycle (something I'd like to have!) As you know, he has recently purchased many a new trucks.. but his latest endeavor revisited.. a pulling tractor! Yep.. he began it about three years ago.. and he decided he needed to work on it and get it running for THIS years county fair circuit. Can't wait! :)


PS.. this word verification.. gotta go deary!! I spend more time trying to type in the right word than I do leaving my comments! I don't know why it is so hard for me.. bu it is torture!

Rajean B. said...

Let's see...obsessions...Doug's would definitely have to be his toy tractor collection. It doesn't really bother me. I like them too...it's just that we sure have a LOT of them! In the first month that we were married, I tried being the good wife and dusted them...NEVER again! Plus, we now have almost 3 more years of collecting and the the ones that had been left in Indiana when we moved. I think there is around 200 tractors in my house!

On a side note...Missy, you must have some real problems...I don't find the word verification that difficult!

Anonymous said...

You write very well.