Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My Niece!




Well, since I'm definitely too tired to straighten up my house enough to take pictures, I thought I'd post an old one of my niece! Claire is Chris's older brother's daughter. She's adorable and VERY spunky for an almost 4 year old! She can't quite get "Melissa" out... or "Missy" out... or "Chris" our... so I have been christened Aunt MiMi and Chris is Uncle Twis! Her new favorite activity is to call us on the phone. Last night, when it was snowing pretty heavily, this was our conversation...


Claire: Mimi, you got any ice skates?
Me: No... why?
Claire: I want some. Put Uncle Twis on, he can go get me some.
Me: laughing
Claire: Mimi? Can we go ice skating NOW? Right now? Come and get me!
Me: laughing hysterically
Claire: Mimi, you crazy!

At that point Claire got frustrated with me because I was laughing too much, gave the phone a hug and kiss (all you can hear is a rustle and then a big wet smack), and hung up on me. Pretty hilarious overall!






2 comments:

Rajean B. said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Unfortunately, Doug and I don't have nieces or nephews...so we don't have those fun stories. Give us a few years and Buckwheat will be saying crazy things!

Missy!! said...

Aww!! I understand.. Ella calls Andy "Uncle Annie" and I'm "Aunt Me-See" too cute!!