Friday, February 15, 2008

Hi!

Since I too am guilty of occassionally checking out blogs, I decided to jump on the bandwagon and start my own. I'm hoping that this will be a good way for those of us that have drifted apart since high school to learn more about each other's lives now. Especially now that so many exciting things are going on... Rajean's baby, everyone getting married, moving away... all that good stuff that goes along with adulthood. So here we go!

For those of you that I haven't talked to in a while, here's my life summarized. I got married in June of 2005 to Chris Lakes. We met in college in some education classes our Freshman year, started dating our Sophomore year, and then got married a year after graduating. I teach in the alternative school at Shelbyville High School, which surprisingly enough I really enjoy. Chris teaches special ed at good old Southwestern (which he loves and is really good at), and he coaches tennis and baseball there as well. In fact, last fall he led the tennis team to their first ever county tourney and sectional wins in school history. We've lived in our house in Shelbyville for a little over 2 years (pictures to come I promise), and we're really happy. Chris is from Connersville, which is nice because it's close and we can still see his family regularly. I absolutely adore my mother in law Sheri, and we talk on the phone almost every day. My mom and dad both live in town as well (even though they split up about 3 years ago - amicably, at least!), and I see both of them all the time. Heidi, my crazy sister, went to school in Evansville and is still living there (but I'm going to try to talk her into starting her own blog as well). That's pretty much it! I look forward to hearing from all of you!

3 comments:

Rajean B. said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I can't wait to see some pics of your home!!! I hope you enjoy posting as much I do. Have a great week.

kristen said...

Hi Melissa! I'm so happy you have a blog! I'll look foward to checking it often. I'm also glad I'm not the only one that gave into Missy's peer pressure:) By the way, we need to get together with you guys. It seems like forever since the softball games this summer. We live five minutes apart for goodness sakes!

Missy!! said...

YAY!! I'm so glad we are all suckers for peer pressure!! (And you can all thank my sister-in-law Michelle.. she wasn't as blunt.. but it was still peer pressure!!) I can't wait to hear more and see some pictures!!