Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It's a................

BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A big, beautiful, perfect in every way BOY!

Yesterday morning was my ultrasound and everything went extremely well. His development is exactly right, with a few things being a little more advanced for his developmental age, like the size and relative musculature of his legs (I'm fairly certain this means he will be athletic just like his Daddy).

Chris is so excited to have a boy that he can hardly stand it... he's always said he'd like a girl, but I think deep down all men want to have a son. He's already got the nursery decorations picked out, and as you'd guess it's all sports stuff. But I've got to admit it's extremely cute and what I would have picked out myself, so I think it will end up being truly adorable. We went to a few baby stores in Greenwood on Monday and managed to completely overwhelm ourselves, but I think that's part of the whole experience. Now that we know a direction, I can start registering for stuff and we can start decorating and buying things.

When we told our families, Chris's mom cried and cried, she was so excited. And his Grandparents were absolutely jumping up and down (which is quite a feat considering they're both in their 80's!). Claire is excited to have a boy cousin, and she was doubly excited when Chris told her that 5 year old big girls get to hold babies - and Claire's 5th birthday is in the end of May, so you can imagine her reaction. My mom cried and just fluttered about... I think she was sort of in shock looking at the ultrasound pictures! Heidi was super sweet and excited and bought me some beautiful flowers as a surprise. And Jeremy said he's happy it's a boy because he wouldn't know the first thing about being an uncle to a little girl!

My dad was the funniest of all, though. I know he always wanted to have a boy; in fact, after Heidi was born my parents wanted to try for a third child, but my mom got extremely sick with endometriosis and had to have a complete hysterectomy at age 26. So to have a grandson is pretty amazing for my dad. And his overall reaction? He hugged Chris (and my dad is SO not a touchy-feely type person) and said, "Thanks for knocking my daughter up!". I just about peed my pants with laughter!

That's all for now; we're on Spring Break after all! Today we're going to Connersville to see Chris's family, and then tomorrow we'll be home - we've got to get geared up for those Boilers, after all!!!!!

2 comments:

Rajean B. said...

Yea!!! That's all so exciting. Little boys are just wonderful. I wouldn't change it for the world.

I bet your nursery will be just adorable with the sports theme. It will be so easy to find things to decorate with. Now, you get to dive into the world of names...there are so many to choose from!

I'm glad all is going well with his development, little ones are truly a miracle.

Christine said...

Yay, Congrats!! There's something about boys recently, it seems like everyone I know is having a boy. You're dad cracks me up.