Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Half Way There!

As of today I'm half way there with my pregnancy! I absolutely could not be more excited! Well, maybe if I'd already had my ultrasound I might be a little more excited... but with that coming up on the 24th it's not too far away!

The baby is getting bigger and more active each week. I haven't had many hard kicks yet, just a lot of that odd swishing feeling they call "quickening".

No weird cravings yet. I am still obsessed with white grape juice (the purple kind makes me yack), orange juice, and my new favorite is no sugar added 100% cranberry juice. And yes, it's quite tart... which I think is why I like it so much! Heidi said that I'm eating so many sour and tart things that the baby will probably come out either sweet as sugar or pickled!

Our friends and neighbors had their baby Monday night. It's a little girl named Adelyn... Addie for short. We're happy for them! This is their second child, but it's nice that we'll have friends so close by with children the same age. Play groups galore, I'm sure!!!

My parents are completely adorable. They could not be more excited. Mom is literally beside herself, and whenever she talks about the baby she gets so wound up that she flutters her hands and bounces up and down. Last weekend, my dad actually drove to Indy to get me a pizza from a little family place we used to eat at when I was a kid (actually, it's a childhood favorite of my mom's, and she used to get them for us when we were kids). I bet I haven't had a pizza from this place in at least 5 or 6 years. But my dad surprised me with one! And you'd better believe I ate half of large pepperoni by myself in one sitting without feeling the tiniest bit guilty! I probably could have eaten more! Mmmmmmmm.... it was so good too! My mom is dying to start buying stuff for the baby but wants to wait so she can get boy or girl stuff. She's already been stockpiling some stuff like books and bibs(she thinks I don't know about it, but she doesn't hide things well). It's cute...

And what can I say about my in-laws? Sheri calls every couple of days (but she did that before I was pregnant). I love her to death! She's so excited to have another grandbaby, I think especially since this is Chris's child. And Chris is her miracle baby (after she had my brother in law, she got pregnant again but miscarried, and then got severe colitis and had to have most of her large intestine removed. She's got a colostomy bag now... anyway, they told her she couldn't have any more children. And then 13 years later Chris came along!). Wayne, my father in law, is the most lovable grumpy Kentucky man you'll ever meet. He's the kind of guy that claims to hate all holidays but secretly loves them. While I was talking to Sheri the other day, I heard him in the background asking when Chris and I would be back in Connersville... because he misses us! It was so out of character for him to say, which made it all the more sweet!

Well, this week will finish up ISTEP testing for us, and then next week is a short week for me (our calendar is weird this year and we have the Friday before Spring Break off, despite the snow days we had). I'm really looking forward to Spring Break... lots to do around the house, trips to Connersville to make, and of course MY ULTRASOUND!!!

1 comment:

Rajean B. said...

Congratulations on making it to week 20! I can only imagine how great that feels to you. I'm super excited to find out if the little peanut is a boy or girl. I'm still holding to my girl vote, and she will be super sweet, not pickled. When do we get to see a new pregger pic? I can tell just from your typing how happy you are, and I'm sure you are glowing as well! Have a wonderful spring break and best of luck with the ultrasound!!!