Monday, March 2, 2009

Busy, busy, busy...

Well, it's been pretty busy for us these past few weeks! Our computer has been broken for about the last two weeks, and we only got it back yesterday. Neither of us realized how much we used it until it was gone for so long! Luckily, it's all fixed now.

My master's classes are going well. I'm very excited to be almost finished. I've only got two more classes and the final third of my portfolio and I'll be DONE! It will be nice to not have to worry about homework or school payments for a few years!

Last Monday we had a doctor's appointment. I've gained about 10 pounds so far, which my doctor says is perfect at this stage. My stomach measurements were right on target as well. We listened to the baby's heartbeat again, and it was much louder and stronger this time. Each time I hear it I get a little more amazed. Plus, the baby started moving around as soon as the doctor put the thing on my tummy, and we got to hear the weird moving around noises as well.

We've got our ultrasound scheduled for March 24. I'll be 22 weeks by that point, so we should be able to tell without a doubt what sex the baby is. Unless, of course, he or she is uncooperative! Chris and I both sort of think it's a girl, which of course means it's probably a boy. Regardless, we're just excited to find out and to take a peak at the little person I feel moving around in there. He or she isn't much of a kicker yet, but I do have a lot of those fluttery feelings whenever the baby moves around. It's the singular most weird thing I've ever felt in my life. I won't even try to describe it, because there aren't words. You just have to experience it yourself, I guess. But I have noticed that the baby moves around more in the morning, and whenever Chris talks to it I feel a lot of activity. It's really amazing!

I don't have any strange cravings at this point. I mostly just want to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. I'm not big on a lot of meat (and never really have been), although I do just really want a steak every now and then. But for the most part, I'm big on all different kinds of juice and fruit, salads, raw baby carrots, and spinach. I liked all those things before I was pregnant, but I just want a lot more of them lately! I feel lucky though, because of all the things I can think of to crave those are probably the healthiest!

Hope everyone has a good week!

No comments: