Sunday, July 12, 2009

Not there yet...

Well.... I'm still pregnant! I've pretty much spent the past week or so trying to talk Zach into coming on out to meet the world. My big bribe is that I know he doesn't have any room in there; if he'd just come out, he could stretch those little froggy legs all he wants! Of course, whenever I do that, he just kicks me in the ribs - which I'm pretty sure is his way of telling my to mind my own business (that, or he's telling me that he's the boss around here and he'll come out when he's good and ready)...

As of last Thursday at my doctor's appointment, I was dilated to 2 and 60% effaced. Which is a good thing! Best of all, the doctor said that he thinks I'll probably go into labor in the next week or so based on the position and size of the baby. Of course, with my luck, I'll probably end up a week overdue, but I'm going to hold on to hope that sometime in the next week we'll have a little baby boy around here! I feel like a ticking time bomb, in a way...

I've been doing some of that nesting stuff, which before I always thought was total crap. It's not! About two weeks ago, I woke up with the uncontrollable urge to clean out the fridge and all the cabinets. I don't just mean tossing stuff out either; I had to take everything out and clean everything with hot soapy water before I could put stuff back in. It was a complete compulsion that I couldn't ignore. Of course, I had to reorganize everything as well. I also keep randomly cleaning things that don't need it around the house. I don't think Chris would mind, except for the fact that my "reorganization" is seen by him as "hiding things".

Hopefully, my next post will include pictures of Zachary Christopher Lakes!

3 comments:

kristen said...

Hang in there! We can't wait to meet Zach!

Missy!! said...

YAY!! Come on little man! Don't ya know there is a whole world of people who wanna meet you?! :)

Rajean B. said...

Oh the joys of waiting! Be patient...Zach will come when he is ready. Best of luck! I'm sending my prayers for a safe, healthy, and fast delivery.