Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Introducing......................

Zachary Christopher Lakes!!!


Zach was born at 7:52 Sunday morning. He weighed 8 pounds 10.7 ounces and is 22 inches long. He's happy and very healthy and I'm so happy to be home! I'd love to give some additional narration to the following pictures, but to be honest I'm tired and sore still (I tore while pushing and have a fair bit of stitches that hurt) - so I'll let you check them out and when I get a little more time I promise to give all the juicy details!























Okay, I lied... I have to explain this one. This is the self-portrait Chris took when I told him that my water had broke. I didn't know he took it until I downloaded all these and he explained. Just look at that face!

5 comments:

kristen said...

Congratulations Mom and Dad! You must be so excited to finally have Zach here. He looks beautiful (or is it handsome for a baby boy?). We can't wait to meet him in person!

Christine said...

Awwww, he's so cute, and big! I can't believe you pushed him out, i'm starting to be glad I had a c-section.

Rajean B. said...

Yea!!! I have been checking your blog like 5 times a day waiting for some kind of update!

Welcome to the world Zach, and congrats to the new parents.

I'm still in shock that that huge baby fit inside of you! Best of luck with the recovery. I can't wait to meet the little man.

Oh...and he is definitely a cutie!!!

Missy!! said...

HOW FREAKING ADORABLE! I, like Jean.. checked daily........ DAILY mind you. And with your added absentness (is that even a word?) KNEW something was up! I am so excited for you guys! He is perfect in every way and I bet you are so happy to finally meet him!

Welcome to the world little man! :)

The Georges said...

We have been waiting to see the beautiful photos of Zach, and let us tell you, it was worth the wait. He is so cute. Looks like a definite golfer and tennis player in the making. We are so happy for you guys and know you are wonderful parents for the little guy. We wish we were closer so we could see him in person, but we will see him soon. Those pictures of Chris are priceless. Keep in touch! Can't wait for the next set of photos. Love you, Adam and Grace