Friday, January 30, 2009

Snow Days!!!

Well, this past week was probably one of the easiest I've ever worked. On Monday, Chris and I each took a half day because I had a baby doctor appointment in the afternoon. So we went in at the normal time and then left at 11:30. My appointment was at 1:30, and it went very well. I'm finally gaining some weight now that my morning sickness is over, so that's good. No weird cravings yet, although I am completely enamored with fruit juice in all different forms (apple, orange, grape, you name it). We listened to the baby's heartbeat (it was the third time for me); before, Chris has had a hard time distinguishing my heartbeat from the baby's, but this time the difference was loud and clear. It sounds like a little hummingbird. I think he was a little in awe of it, to be honest with you. All I know is that he was absolutely the cutest thing I've ever seen, with his big blue eyes like half dollars! I have another appointment at the end of February, and my ultrasound will be around the first or second week of March. We're starting to think more about names, but until we know the gender we're not thinking that seriously. Anyway, on Tuesday, we both had a two hour delay, which makes life pretty darn easy. And then we've missed the last three days due to all the snow! Chris measured Wednesday morning, and we had around 10 inches. We've been out to play in the snow a bit, but of course I can't do any of the fun stuff like sledding, so that limits our winter wonderland activities!

Heidi has set a date for her wedding; it's going to be Sept. 12th, which is a Saturday. She's thinking about having her colors be dark red, cream, and gold with some chocolate brown accents. I think that sounds gorgeous. She's starting to think some about decorations, and I think it's going to be a really beautiful wedding! She's absolutely adorable about the whole thing. My poor parents are probably going to have a nervous breakdown from all the changes happening this year - watching your youngest child get married and having your first grandchild are pretty life changing events! At least they're approaching it all with a VERY positive attitude!

Well, next week is my second big assessment day for my master's class. It's actually been nice to have these days at home, because I've been able to get all my work done for the class a bit early. I actually planned on having more done at this point in the year, but between the morning sickness for past 3 months and the constant tired feeling I have, it hasn't been that conducive to homework completion. Luckily I seem to have caught a break!

Belly pictures are to come; I've been told by my mom, Heidi, a couple girls at work, and Chris that I definitely look pregnant! I've only gained about 4 pounds, but when you're 5'1" there's no where for the baby to go but out, ya know!!!

3 comments:

Missy!! said...

1. How exciting! :) A little heartbeat.. ahh.. I can only imagine!

2. After you learn the sex, are you going to share, or keep it a secret?

3. Same question only concerning the name.

4. Heidi's wedding sounds beautiful! But I have to ask.. what are her groomsmen going to wear? Still black (with the brown accents) or brown tuxes (is there even such a thing?) See.. these are the dumb things I think of! :)

Melissa Lakes said...

Missy, I only hope that when you're pregnant you don't experience the constant nausea I had to deal with. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy!

When we learn the gender, I'll definitely share. And when we pick out a name, I'll share that too (so long as everyone promises to keep any negative opinions to themselves)!

As for Heidi's wedding, I think the plan is for the groomsmen to wear black tuxes, but I don't know what color the vests will be. The bridesmaids dresses will be dark red.

Rajean B. said...

Hearing the heartbeat for the first time is so memorizing. I remember thinking that I could listen to it forever, and then the doctor put the machine away! Darn her. I'm excited to hear what Baby Lake is and what we will call her...I mean him or her (hehe). I'm very excited to see belly pictures! Have you ventured into maternity clothes? My best advice...go to a second hand store. 1) New maternity clothes are expensive, and 2) you will buy a new set and size later in your pregnancy! OK...I have now left a novel...so have another easy week and school and best of luck with the master's work!