Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Break Summary

Well, Thanksgiving went smashingly for us! The morning of, Chris and I had to wake up at 6:00 to put the gigantic 22 pound turkey in the oven. Other than worrying about the turkey cooking (and who doesn't worry about that!), the rest of the cooking went well. My dad helped me peel the 10+ pounds of potatoes, and Sheri helped me a lot with other stuff. We all ate entirely too much and had a great time. I'm so lucky that our families get along so well, and that everyone's been willing to change their longstanding traditions to make this new tradition together. Sheri and Claire spent the night with us, which was fun. Although, and I'm not going to lie, the best part of the whole day was after everyone left and Chris made me go take a nap. When I woke up 2 hours later, my entire kitchen was already clean! God bless my sweet husband and mother in law!!! And my adorable niece as well... apparently she helped wipe down the counters and put dishes in the dish washer!

Friday was spent mostly playing with Claire. She's really into Barbies right now, and luckily my mom saved all of the Barbie stuff that Heidi and I had, so I was able to stockpile some Barbies for Claire to play with at our house. She was in heaven!

Saturday... well, Saturday I think I was still recuperating from all the work I put into Thanksgiving. Chris and I did manage to get all of our outside Christmas decorations up. We had the inside decorations done for Thanksgiving. I'll post pictures soon... I just can't get motivated to go stand outside in the snowy cold right now, which would be needed for the full effect!

On Sunday my mom, Heidi, and I all tried to do a little preliminary Christmas shopping. I had already ordered some items for Heidi (since she's nearly impossible to shop for). I managed to get several cute outfits for Claire. She's recently had a growth spurt and desperately needs some new clothes. Chris and I aren't doing presents for each other this year, since we both agreed that the new TV we bought would be our present to each other, but I've got to admit that I'm not really looking forward to shopping now that I'm not shopping for him. He's my favorite person in the world to shop for; he gets so excited and it's so fun find that one right thing that will make him light up. Oh, well, maybe I'll settle for buying him a few stocking stuffers... On the plus side, his birthday is the 17th, and I have a big surprise for him. I'd write about it here, but I know he occassionally reads this, so...

No comments: