Saturday, December 20, 2008

Hurray for Christmas Break!

The first semester is officially over! Of course, this last week was made a little easier by the fact that Wednesday school was closed due to ice and Thursday we had a 2 hour delay. Friday we had our end of semester pizza party and movie day; it's something that the kids get really excited for. We ate Papa John's pizza (paid for with the grant I applied for and received in November) and watched A Christmas Story, which is my favorite Christmas movie. I'm really looking forward to 2 weeks off!

Wednesday was also Chris' 27th birthday. I had been planning his gift since around August, and it went very well. My gift was to completely redo our master bathroom into a Purdue bathroom! I'll post pictures soon... it actually worked out well that school was closed, because I was able to show Chris all the stuff I got him to put in the bathroom, AND he volunteered to help me paint! It turned out well, and we're both really happy with it. I had been sick to death of the blue color I'd painted that room when we first bought our house 3 years ago, and I started thinking that it would be nice for Chris to have more than one room in the house that reflects his style. Thus the idea was born!

Today I have Christmas with all of my Dad's family. I wasn't able to go last year, since I had purchased Cincinatti Bengal's tickets for Chris and the game overlapped with the family stuff, so it will be nice to see my cousins etc. this year. We're supposed to have Christmas with my Mom's family on Christmas Eve, but no one is sure if that will actually happen. My Grandma Carolyn is currently in Florida with her boyfriend Glen (he owns property down there), but the glitch is that Glen has been having a lot of health problems lately and has been hospitalized. So I guess we'll have to play that one by ear. We usually head to Connersville late on Christmas Eve so we can have Christmas morning with his family. On Christmas afternoon, we head back home and my Mom, Dad, and Heidi (and this year Jeremy) will all get together for dinner and presents. And then finally, we're done! Well, for 2 days anyway.... then it's my mom's birthday! We don't have any plans for New Year's Eve... usually we just stay at home and eat way too much and watch the ball drop. I don't know how much time I'll have to post while on break (I still haven't got much Christmas shopping done), but I hope everyone has a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments: