Saturday, August 16, 2008

First Week of School

Well, as I told Chris yesterday... 5 days down, 180 to go! I know, that's kind of depressing... not to mention the fact that I don't usually start counting down days until Thanksgiving! What's that say about my emotions for the start of the school year???

All in all, the first week went well. It was full of meetings, both with administrators and the guidance department, as well as special education case conferences to enroll new students into my program. Yesterday I had 3 back to back case conferences, and since we're enrolling these students into my alternative program, I had to add all of my paperwork once the special ed stuff was finished. It just made for a long afternoon. On the plus side, Tom Zobel had to sit in all of the conferences with me, and he's really funny. So that makes time go a little faster! I only wish I had a little more time to get to know my new students, but that will happen when things slow down in the next few weeks... at least I've already learned all their names, and that's half the battle!

Next week is busy too! Monday I have to meet with all the administrators from the high school as well as the superintendent to go over plans for the alternative programs (mine and the two others we have) for the upcoming year. Not too excited about that, but it's part of the job description! But then Thursday Tom and I are attending a grant writing seminar, which I AM excited for! I'd really like to take a lot away from the seminar so I can start writing for grants and maybe get a little extra money for my alternative classroom! It seems like I always need something or I get a new idea that requires money, and I hate to ask for more program money. So we'll see! Tennis matches start Monday, so that should make life pretty exciting around the Lakes household!

No comments: