Monday, September 22, 2008

Fall Break...

Is it bad that I'm already counting the days until Fall Break in October? It's just been extremely hectic around here, and work has been C-R-A-Z-Y. I think that the ISTEP test last week really just gets kids all wound up, and then they act like monsters. My masters classes are in full swing, which adds a bit to the overall stress level. I'll be really glad when I'm done next July! Plus, with tennis in full swing right now, it makes Chris and I (okay, mostly Chris) really busy. Last Saturday was the county tourney, where we lost in the finals to Triton. It was a disappointing loss for Chris, but kind of expected all the same. I mean, when your team consists of mostly freshmen and sophomores, and you're playing a team that consists mostly of seniors... well, your chances of winning decrease a little.

Chris has a tennis match tonight at Arsenal Tech, and then matches on Tuesday and Thursday as well. Friday is Community Night at Southwestern, which is a thing they started doing in the last few years to kind of replace a fall Homecoming. It's during a soccer game, but there are a lot of vendors and game booths for kids. Several clubs and organizations try to fundraise during the event, and all of the fall sports get recognized at half time. The main attraction is the dunk tank, which raises money for the Athletic Boosters. Last year Chris was the second biggest money maker at the dunk tank, and he's scheduled be in the tank again this year. Who knows, I might even take a throw at him!

No comments: