Sunday, September 7, 2008

Catch up...

It's been pretty busy for us since Labor Day weekend. We traveled to Connsersville and got to spend time with Chris' family. It was nice, although I did start feeling a little sick while we were there. When we got home, I got VERY sick.... I missed a half day of work Tuesday and all day Wednesday. It was the sickest I've been in a long time. Luckily, Chris hasn't come down with it, and I'm getting better by the day (although I do still have some congestion and coughing). Yesterday took us back to Connersville for our eye doctor appointment. I'm blind as a bat! My eyes have gotten very bad very fast; in fact, even with my old glasses my vision is only 20/50! So I'm getting new glasses and special contacts to counteract my astigmatism.

The upcoming week should be exciting! On Monday Chris has two softball games in Greenfield. He's playing in a men's league with his friend Brian, who was a minor league pitcher before he got married and had a daughter. Tuesday Chris has a tennis match. Their season is going well despite a few losses early on. Some of the younger players are really stepping up, and I'd say they even have a change at repeating the county tourney and sectional titles. Friday is Homecoming at Shelbyville. It's usually the only football game I go to, unless I happen to have a cousin on the team! This year I think we're going to go to the faculty cookout before the game, which should be fun. The team is pretty good this year, so it should be entertaining!

2 comments:

Rajean B. said...

I hope you are feeling better. Not too much worse than being very, very sick. Best of luck with your busy week!

kristen said...

I'm glad you are keeping busy and feeling better. Have fun Friday night at the cookout. Jacob really wanted to go, but Ben and Ashley's rehearsal diner is Friday night so we won't make it. Be sure to tell us how it was!