Friday, June 20, 2008

Hurray!

Today was the last day of summer school! HURRAY! Now I can just rest and relax and do nothing until August 11th!

Other than that, it's been a busy week. Between my birthday on the 11th, Heidi coming up from Evansville for a few days and the whirlwind of activity that corresponds, and Father's day, I haven't even had much time to sit down. Plenty of time for that now!

The other big news is that within the next week or two Chris and I will be buying a new car. We still haven't decided exactly which kind or anything yet, but I'm very excited to have a enw vehicle. The neon just hasn't held up all that well in the last year, despite the fact that it has very low miles. So we'll see what we end up deciding on!

3 comments:

Missy!! said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! :)

So this new car... are you going to get a "I'm still young and want a sporty car" or more of a "I'm planning for the future and need a kid friendly car"?? If it is the first.. I vote for a Toyota Camry.. they are sooooo cute!! Or the diesel Jetta.. they get like 45 miles to the gallon! If it is the later... I think you should go for a crossover (mainly because I swore up and down to NEVER support SUV's! but crossovers.. those I like!).. like a Nissan Murano.. Chevy Equinox.. Ford Edge. But whatever you pick.. make sure it's a "you car" :) Good luck!

Melissa Lakes said...

Thanks!

We're leaning toward the future angle, and I think we'll just get something that gets good fuel mileage and is a four door. We're leaning towards a Lancer, because they're cute, not too girly since Chris will also be driving it sometimes, and you can get a 2009 for around $16000 (if you don't get a sport package). So we'll see!

kristen said...

How exciting... a new car! I can't wait to see you buzzing around town in something new!