Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Shots... booo......

Zach got his first round of shots last Thursday. He hasn't felt too great since then, which I guess is to be expected. Each day gets a little easier though! I go back to work in two weeks, and I'm looking forward to it and dreading it all at the same time. This week is Fall Break, so Chris will be home for a 4 day weekend. We're both really looking forward to that!
Zach is 12.7 pounds and is 25.5 inches long. That puts him in the 50th percentile for weight and the 90th for length. His pediatrician looked at him, and then looked at Chris, and said that he must take after his Daddy by being tall and skinny!

The day before he had his doctor's visit, we went to Connersville for the afternoon. Chris and I had an appointment with the eye doctor. My eyes were just a little bit worse, which I guess is common after pregnancy. Chris thought his vision would be about the same, but it was actually quite a bit worse than he thought! He now has astigmatism in both eyes, whereas before it was only in one eye. I've always has astigmatism in both, so it didn't seem like a big deal to me...


Anyway, here are some pictures from the Connersville trip!










3 comments:

Rajean B. said...

Thanks for the updated pictures! And, you are correct...shots are not fun. I will say that Dallas does better with them each time he has to get them...so hopefully, the same will be true for Zach.

I love that first picture of Zach (with the orange shirt)! It looks like he is becoming a very strong and healthy little boy. I'm guessing he doesn't have a new cousin yet...hopefully, Heidi is still doing well.

Did Chris have his surgery? If so, I hope he recovered fast. Take care and enjoy your long weekend together!

Melissa Lakes said...

Actually, the surgeon said that if Chris avoids lifting anything too heavy, he didn't need surgery. I guess given the location and his age, the likely side effects (such as decreased sperm count) are worse than the hernia itself!

That's good to hear about the shots! He gets his next round in December, so hopefully he'll be like Dallas and do better then!

Missy!! said...

He is so cute! He is definitely going to be a heartbreaker isn't he?! :) I'm sorry to hear about his shots.. hopefully he will get better.. feeling icky is no fun! :)

I mentioned to Mike that Heidi and Jeremy were in his class and he said, "Oh.. I kinda thought she looked familiar!" Boys! :)