Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Whew!

It's been pretty hectic lately around the Lakes house! We had my baby shower on May 30 and it was a lot of fun. Thanks again to everyone that came! My technical last day of work was June 1, but I volunteered to come back in for meetings on June 3 and 8. So I really only had my last day of work a few days ago! With my maternity leave, I won't be back to work until November 2! It seems a bit weird, but at the same time I know I'll have a lot of keep me busy! The following Saturday was Heidi's bridal shower, which was at the Copper Kettle in Morristown. It was fun, easy, the food was great, and she got a lot of presents!

Chris left Sunday night for his Las Vegas trip, and he gets back today. I'm ready for him to come home; I miss him! But I'm glad he was able to go with some of his friends, see the sights, do a little gambling, play some golf, and bring me home a good birthday present! While he's been away, Mom and Heidi have been staying with me (since everyone thought I shouldn't stay here by myself). It's been fun, and Heidi and I have been able to get some stuff done and settled for her wedding, which has been good. Speaking of Heidi, she just had her ultrasound last week....... and she's having a little GIRL! I think Jeremy's still in shock - Heidi said that he was 100% sure it was going to be a boy. They're all doing well though, and she's still right on schedule.

The wedding is in 2 weeks. There's still a lot of little stuff to do, but all of the major stuff is finished. Honestly, I think they'll be relieved when it's all said and done. This whirlwind of wedding planning on top of the everything else has been kind of hard. But it will be pretty and fun and very much the two of them.

My birthday is tomorrow! I'm actually not all that excited - I didn't even realize it was so soon until I had my day of conferences on the 8th. Chris is taking me to dinner. I really don't want to make a big deal out of it. We go to the doctor again on Friday for a regular checkup. We had our first childbirth class last week, and we've got two more to go. Our next one is next Wednesday, and in that class they take us on a tour of the entire ward. I'm really looking forward to that!

No comments: